Indian Premier League is the hottest topic nowadays. The cricket lovers wait eagerly for every year to watch IPL. Have you ever wondered about the dark sides of it? Today, we will discuss the top five controversies of IPL.
- Srilankan players were banned: It was in the year 2013, the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Jayalalitha. She announced that no Srilankan players would be allowed to play IPL. She took this shocking decision because Srilankan Tamils dominate Tamil politics. Many people supported the drastic decision of Jayalalitha. Surprisingly, all the 13 Srilankan players were banned from playing in the IPL match. They have to return to their country. The prominent Srilankan cricketers were there in the list which includes Kumara Sangakara, Mahela Jayawardene, etc. Due to security, they stop playing cricket with India for a certain period.
- Lalit Modi says about IPL match-fixing: Lalit Modi revealed about the IPL match-fixing to the nation. He was the former commissioner of IPL and posted a video, where he said that a match-fixing took place between the two teams, they are Kolkata Knight Riders and Delhi Capitals. It was a shocking video, where Rishab Pant, the wicketkeeper is saying on the stump mic to Robin Uthappa to hit a four. Precisely, the same thing happened. Robin struck a four. Modi tweeted and said that he felt disappointed to see the video. He also said that they are playing with the emotions of people.
- Sreesanth’s controversy: In 2013, the famous batsman Sreesanth’s was arrested along with other two cricketers for match-fixing. Sreesanth plays for the RCB team of RCB. He was jailed along with Ajit Chandalia and Ankeet Chavan. The police questioned the three cricketers for a long time, and ultimately the board of cricket team banned them forever. The three were caught red-handed for fixing the IPL match. Everyone was shocked to know the truth about Sreesanth. Nobody except the great Sreesanth to be the part of the IPL fixing. This is one of the top five IPL controversies
- Wayne Parnell and Rahul Sharma took drugs: The two well-known faces of cricket world Parnell and Rahul Sharma were alleged for taking drugs. Hence, they were not allowed to take part in IPL. In 2012, both the cricketers were found in a celebrity’s party and were taking drugs. However, both of them denied the allegations and pleaded that they are innocent. All of their reports came positive; still, they declined. The board of cricket banned these two members forever. The police didn’t take any steps against these cricketers.
- Sharukh Khan controversy: The legendary actor Sharukh Khan too got into controversy during the IPL match. The incident occurred in 2012 in the Wankhede stadium. Sharukh abuses a security guard, and from there, the quarrel starts. The video became viral. The result and effect are banning of Sharukh Khan for the upcoming five years in Wankhede stadium. Though Sharukh apologized for his mistake to the manager, nothing works. He didn’t enter the stadium after that incident.
These are the top five IPL controversies matches. Here, we can see the other sides of celebrities.